Thursday, August 2, 2007

Going Back to Cali

JAKE'S our favorite restaurant in Del Mar
The Evans Family at the BEACH!

We had such a great time in California. I hadn't been there in two years and almost forgot how much I love to visit. On the drive down from Salt Lake we stopped in St. George to visit Greg's sister Julie. It had been a long time since we've seen her and her kids. They are so sweet and I'm so glad we got to spend some time with them. We stayed that night in Vegas at our friend Kevin & Melissa Bell's home. I love that we could combine our drive with seeing old friends. I think my boys are old pros now with long car rides!



The night we arrived in San Diego, Greg flew in to meet us. We stayed with my brother Jeff and his family. My mom was there with her husband David and even my bro. Glenn flew in for a few days to spend time all together before Japan.

We mostly hung out at the beach. This was really the first time for both our boys. Friday and Saturday were spent in Carlsbad with my family. Brody wasn't a fan of the water, but he LOVED playing in the sand. He would drive cars around and make roads. He liked digging and crashing into the sand castles. Tate didn't like anything at first. He just wanted to be held. Every once in a while he'd walk around and play, but it didn't last too long. On the last day we went to Mission Beach with Greg's family. His parents and sister Cheryl & kids met us there. That day Tate was totally into it. He played with cousins and dug in the sand. After the beach we road the roller coaster and some other fun rides there. It was great having that so close to the beach.


We also spent a day at the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. My nephew Kurtis came with us. He and Greg were brave enough to pet a tiger shark. Brody & Tate loved seeing all the “cool fish.”

I think the best part of this trip was being able to see so many friends and family. With these last few jonts, We've seen almost everyone on both sides of our immediate family(not Greg's bro. Rodger's family). I've even snuk in a bunch of friends and cousins. I feel like it was very fun and productive. We haven't had a family vacation in a long time. It was fun to just spend time together. I'm already excited for next year!....And I'm spent

11 comments:

Brad, Briene and Brayden said...

I love the pictures! I am glad you guys had so much fun 2 weeks is a long time. But it sounds like everything went perfect. It's been way to long since Ive gone to Cali. I'll have to make it there soon.
P.S. Did you play baywatch on the beach? That was a fun trip that I will never forget.

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Missy I love all the pictures, they are so cute. You look great and I love that first pic of you and Greg, your hair is so pretty. Glad you guys had a good time, I still can't believe how big Kurtis is, crazy!
I'm sure it's nice to be back settled into your house but there is something about San Diego that makes you never want to leave!

Melissa said...

That's so funny Briene. We were at that same beach and I totally thought about it too. Our 15 mins of fame! I had to tell Greg's sister about it. Who has that tape anyway, Dose it still exist? I'd love a copy if you know how to get one.

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

I am still thinking that I am sad we missed you in California (I arrive with the boys on the 14th). That would have been a perfect time to have a reunion! I am going to have to think of another time to see you...

Katie said...

GREAT PICTURES!!! Looks like you had tons of fun..I am patiently awaiting my summer vacation..2 weeks!!

Linda said...

Hey Melissa, long time no see! I love that we can read eachother's blogs and get caught up. Leslie told me a while back that you guys moved to Kansas. Wow! You're boys are adorable. Brody sounds like he has total personality. And Tate is such a big boy! Cute family....

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!! WONDERFUL Memories... I miss those babies...You do such a great job with this bog..

Jamie & Johnny said...

I think everyone should move to San Diego, what a life we would all have. Oh and I have that Layer's dress you are wearing and I want that baithing suit. Love it! Aren't family vaca's wonderful.!!

The Welker Family said...

Hi Melissa! It was good to hear from you! Your blog is so cool. I need to learn a thing or two about how to do all of that fancy picture stuff - that is great! Your boys are so cute! It looks like you guys are having a good time in Kansas, that is so neat. That is crazy that you are friends with Whitney Carey there! I didn't even know that she lived there. You'll have to tell her hi for me.
P.S. I tried to look at Brienes blog but it is private so it wouldn't let me. You'll have to tell her that I said hi. I need to learn how to set mine to private cause Heston is worried about wierdos looking at all of the naked pictures that I post of Dani. I have to put them on there cause they are so cute! Anyway, keep in touch. -Melissa

Nunes Family said...

Gosh you guys were busy. Looks like you had a great time. I loved looking at all of your pictures.

Mad Queen said...

Okay, for some reason the stuff in here has japanese conji, so I am not sure this will post correctly... but I want to say WAY CUTE SWIM SUITS! I am jealous. You look darling. Every outfit is so totally cute, but the swimsuits rock... hard to find mostest ones. maybe you just make everything look good... more jealousy! Love you.
-Tracey