I'm super lucky to have an amazinlg talented friend as a photographer. Her name is Cynthia Cockriel and she is fabulous! (check out her website- www.cynthiaphotos.com)
What's even better is that we trade services. I do hair and make up for some of her photo shoots and also for her family. In return she dose our family photos & develops them. I have to admitt I feel like I'm getting the better end of this deal!
It's been so fun to work with her over the past few years. Each time she does our photos I love them even more than the year before..... And I'm so happy that she wants to trade because otherwise I couldn't afford her!
So here are our shoots from this year. We actually took these over two days in early November. The first was the fam, but Cynthia didn't feel like we had enough of the boys. So we got them dressed up again and I took them out for one more round. (That's the main reason why there are so many more shots of me than Greg, sorry honey. Really I don't think he cares.)
The first day was at this darling farm about 40 mins from our house. I guess there really is a lot of farm land around us. I just don't usually see it. The second day we went to a local park. Poor Brody, I accidently shut the car door on his little finger right when we got there. But, "The show must go on" after a few pieces of candy he was ready to smile. He was even excited to show me some shots he took while I was chasing Tate around and wasn't watching him.
I waited very impatiently till she called to say the pics. were ready. She's very professional about the whole thing. When your pictures are ready to view she calls you over to her home to watch them on a DVD her son makes. She like to watch your reaction as you see the photos for the first time. Is is rude to say I was blown away by them? She is so talented, she really made us look good. I'm so happy to have such great family photos. The only problem is that now I am TOTALLY SPOILED by her and neither one of us can ever move away now!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Family Photo Shoot
Posted by Melissa at December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














22 comments:
Miss you are BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the pictures! and the one of Tate with the pouty face is just priceless! Seriously, you need to eat some cake or something because you are wasting away! But You guys look good! I love your hair too! I need help with mine!
Amazing photos. They are seriously great. Isn't it fun to have a great photographer.
They seriously turned out soooo good! You are beautiful and so is your family. You're one lucky lady. Can't wait to see the christmas card. =)
WOW! You look amazing in the pictures, so does the rest of your family. But seriously, you look awesome.
Dang girl... You're hott! Great pics!
The pictures are great! I LOVE the one of you and Greg kissing w/the boys on your shoulders! Also, you look so skinny, you look great!
These are all so cute! Your boys are adorable.
Okay hot mama! I love all those pictures, you are right she is talented. Too bad she live like 1000 miles away from me.
Cute pictures Melissa!
You guys have the most gorgeous family, I love your new header pict where you two are kissing, that is so cute!
your pics turned out so good. wish i had friend that was a photog. your boys are super cute. love the rustic farm location.
You are so beautiful! They all look so great!
Great pictures! You look HOT girly!
The boys are getting so big!
Have a Merry Christmas! Just had dinner with Glenn & Tracy!
Okay, can I trade something for you? I want you to do my hair and make-up, if I can look like you! Let's see....piano lessons by mail? LOL Great pictures!! My friend saw them on facebook, after I commented on them. She asked me about them, and could not stop raving how beautiful you and the pictures were. Gorgeous family! Greg looked handsome too, so natural and comfortable. I think Stew would have felt so uncomfortable. He hates posing for pictures. LOL She really is a GREAT photographer!
Beautiful family pictures!!!
I LOVE you photos. You look so gorgeous and skinny honey! What a hottie! And of course the kids are darling!
They are amazing photographs! You look drop dead gorgeous and so do all of your boys! Of course with such a handsome family like yours, it would be hard to take a bad picture. :)
Afton
Wow--she did such a great job! You guys look awesome!
They are FAB! Maybe you could keep doing her hair so I could get my family pics done too!
Hey, you already have your blog looking like Valentines in January... are you trying to make us bloggers who have yet to post Halloween feel bad??? Ahhhh! You are way too cute. Of course you already know I am a FAN of your new family pictures... I say you had better take advantage while you can. AND, for as super as this lady is at taking photos, it is a compliment to you too because you must do AMAZING HAIR to work out any kind of trade. You are so talented too... I am living proof of that (What About Bob). I LOVE YOU SISTER!
These pics are AMAZING!!! I love all your family shots! So fantastic- those boys are so so so cute! Adorable family...
does your friend do utah? :)
And can i please have your hair? I'm starting the grueling task of growing mine out and I would like the end product to look like yours :). Loved all the pictures. You guys look like models.
Post a Comment