Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's begining to look a lot like ChRIsTmAs!

I LOVE this time of year. I know most people do. There is just such a magic in the air, a feeling of togetherness. For us the fun started when we woke up Sunday morning to SNOW on the ground! Luckily (for me driving) there wasn't much, but enough to feel festive & cozy. I really hoped we could get the tree out that night, but things got too busy... so much for Sunday being a day of rest. Only 4 weeks till early church!!
All day & night Brody kept begging to get the tree out. Finally last night we put it all together. (Although I still have corn stalks on the outside of our house. Better get on that!)


Greg was a good sport. After a long day back to work he just wanted to relax, but Brody was persistent and Greg went along with it. He even smiled for the pictures!




Tate was so excited about the Christmas Tree. He wanted to put the Angel on top.

Now the tree was up.
Decorating it on the other hand......... I was really trying to not be OCD and to let the boys help out. But when they broke the little peanut cushy things into a million tiny pieces, started throwing them in the air saying, "Santa, Snow!" "Santa, Snow!" I lost it a little. Cute as they were, the mess was not! I had to call in the reinforcements. Maybe next year we can all decorate together.

Speaking of cute! One treasured(?) find was a singing and dancing frog that Grandma Linda bought last year. The boys loved playing with it...... in fact I hear it going right now. I know this video is a little dark, but they are just so darn cute! I had to share. For the record this was the first I'd seen Brody's break dancing moves. I'm pretty impressed.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Those dance moves are impressive! Go Brody!!! Watch out girls....Your tree looks great. Don't you love it when the kids are so "helpful"? I need to get to it with decorating. Too much shopping I guess. I'm all out of money now, so I guess I need to do something with this crazy house.

Kyle said...

I love Tate's super excited face! Your boys are so cute!

jacque said...

Tate's face is priceless! Glad you are into the holiday spirit!

Jessica said...

Your boys are so adorable! Thanks again for doing my hair--have a great Christmas!! I'll miss you!

Courtney said...

I love the video! My favorite part is that Brody leaves the room and comes back in breakdancing just as if he never left. Gotta love boys....they are full of energy!

Tyson said...

Cute! I love how excited kids get for christmas. I agree there is something magical in the air this time of year. I think it is the only time we can play music about Christ at work and people don't get offended. It makes work a better place. Merry Christmas!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

You should show Avery those awesome dance moves Bro. =)
And I love that picture of Greg and the boys. It's too cute. I love getting ready for Christmas.