A cute little story before the original post. Brody woke up last Wed and told us it was Mew's Birthday. Mew is his bunny, I know-weird name for a bunny. Brody loves Mew SO much. He tells me all the time how much he loves his bunny and wants to keep him forever. I thought it was so cute that he wanted Mew to have a special day, just like the rest of us. We sang to him and got him a carrot cake to celebrate his birthday. The funny part was Brody couldn't decide how old he was. First it was 2, then 5, then 26 and 15. Was he playing the lotto or having a Birthday? Brody is such a sweet boy and great friend to Mew!
OKAY-BACK TO FALL STUFF
Our weekend was full of Fall Fun! On Friday Whitney & I took the boys to a local Cider Mill. It's not too far, but out in the country. It was so fun to see all the colorful leaves as we drove. Once we got there we toured around a little and found the important stop, What Brody had waited the whole time for-Donuts. In addition to making their own Apple Cider, they also make apple cider donuts. Brody was so excited-daddy has taken him to krispy kreme many times- so he new this was a treat.Trey and Brody- "time to make the donuts"
Enjoying our treats with Whitney and her boys- Trey & Parks
This was before the babies had a meltdown and everything you now see on the table ends up on the floor-SMILE!
After our snack we went outside to play. It was pretty chilly so we opted not to do the corn maze. Besides they boys were having lots of fun running around the pumpkins and hay. Brody would jump from hay bale to hay bale and Tate was just climbing all over. It was hard to keep up with them. I tried to get some good shots of them playing, but they were having too much fun to pause and look at me. Brody really wanted to take a pumpkin home, but there was NO WAY I was going to juggle these two busy boys and their pumpkins alone. I promised him we'd go get some with Daddy.Brody jumping off a hay bale
Not all moments are picture perfect, but I really wanted one of us all together-they didn't!
Our little country bumpkin
On Saturday I was able to talk Greg into going to a Pumpkin Patch. We went to a local gardening center. They had gone all out. Usually they pop popcorn and let you drive around their property in golf carts, but for the Pumpkin Patch they added a hay ride, Old fashion Fire Truck or a vintage Army Car to drive out in. What do you think my boys picked? Yup- The fire truck. Once they heard the siren they both turned and were in awe! When we got out to the patch we saw like a gazillion pumpkins all over the place. There was a cute little house for the boys to play in and a HUGE tractor to look at. The best part was we were early enough to beat the crowds, they're were only two other families there. It was so fun and beautiful. To think- growing up I though a neat pumpkin patch was one on a 7-11 street corner!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Fall Festivus
Posted by Melissa at October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














14 comments:
What a blast!! Seriously, why don't we know about any of these places..we are SO out of the loop. You got some great pictures! Such cute boys!
Oh, I love this time of year. Looks like you guys had a great weekend. Ours was eventful too. I think I'll post everything together after Halloween. It's hard to keep up with all the fun things going on.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You do have some graet pics- If you still scrapbook, I'd say you've got some good ones!! Hope you guys will have a very Happy Halloween! Have fun tonight.
Wow you guys have a lot of fun together. Wish we could do it with you. The boys are getting so big.
Oh yea, where do you get cute templates? I forgot where I got mine.
Aren't fall pictures the best? It just doesn't get any better than fall photos... hayrides, pumpkins, tractors, autumn leaves, cider... you can't go wrong! Fun family day. I miss your boys... can they get any cuter? I love their bomber jackets... Jonas had one last year... sadly it does not fit this year... not doing much shopping in Japan... it is a different market here. love you guys!
That is such a cute story about Mew!! He is so adorable!! and you always have such fun pictures.
I love the fall, even though it was 85 degrees yesterday. It looks so cold and festive there. cute pictures! I love Brody's story too, that is so great you got Mew a carrot cake. Love it!
Looks like ya'll had a good time! Did you have fun on Halloween? We did!
Your pictures are so cute. Glad you've had so much fun with your boys. It's hard for me to get pics of my boys too, they tend to run off with their friends! "Time to make the doughnuts!" LOL! We don't have a Dunkin Donuts here, but I grew up on the east coast, and I miss those commercials! Cute bunny & cake story! So sweet.
I love that picture of you holding the boys becuase it is so typcial. I am always wanting Brooklyn to take a picture and she doesn't want to. Unfortunately we know who really rules our house. How were the donuts, I must admit that sounds very interesting. I am a huge apple cider fan but I don't know about as donuts.
You are always doing fun things, I'm so glad you live in a city that is so active, it really helps to keep sanity!
I'm so jealous you went to a pumpkin patch. I wanted to take the girls but I didn't know how great they were and didn't think it was worth the long drive. But it is almost worth going for the fun fall pictures. You guys are so fun!
I remember Mew. I love the story and I love Brody's hot argyle sweater.
Greg & Melissa!!! Hi there, I don't know if you remember me, my maiden name was Echelle Slade! How the heck are you guys? Your family is beautiful! I just wanted to say hi!
Post a Comment