Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hey Nonnie Nonnie


I have to admit I'm a little vain and not ready to bump my 1/2 marathon post yet, but I know I'll have to sooner or later. Plus I do have to give credit to my Mom for all she did while she was here so here goes..... This past week my Mom, Debbie or Nonnie as she's known to her grand kids came for a visit. We packed a lot of fun in a few days. Our first hot spot was the T-Rex restaurant where Brody liked to dig and explore. We've still never eaten there, but we love to play. This is at the Legends shopping center and outside in the courtyard they had a race car on display. He was one of lightning's friends Brody told us. The next day was rainy and way too wet to play outdoors. We just shopped around that day and played games inside.
Thursday was beautiful again and a perfect day to introduce Nonnie to Deana Rose Farmstead. The boys enjoyed riding tractors, feeding goats and even milking a cow! It wasn't real, just in case you were worried. Friday was another gorgeous day perfect for a walk on my favorite running trail. Now you might see what I mean. The leaves are just starting to turn now. We had a picnic and played at the park.
That evening was a local Halloween Party. It was crazy crowded and with my race the next day, We decided not to stay too long. Brody & Tate pretended to drive a fire truck and bounced around a little. They were happy.

Saturday was the big race and Mom was a great supporter. I know it was hard for her to being cheering from the sidelines and not running with me. We ran a 10K together this summer and had so much fun. It didn't work out for the 1/2 marathon, but we're planning to do one next year. I know my love of exercise has come form her great example. I remember being a chubby little girl and going to work out with her early in the mornings. Although I didn't love it then it set a precedence for the rest of my life and now is a part of my day I look forward to. I also love that as much as she tries to be a food snob, she loves ice cream almost as much as I do. I introduced her to my FAVORITE treat here, FOOS frozen custard. Oh, It's worth the trip to come visit to get some foos. "I pity the foo who doesn't get foos"!- They have a sign at their store that says something like that. I wish I could take credit. Anyways, back to Mom. She really stepped up and helped me a ton while Greg was out of town. I am so glad that she came and even though I don't want to go to Utah for Thanksgiving- sorry Mom, It's just not going to happen- I love you and can't wait to play again soon.

7 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

What a great mom!! Don't you just love when mom comes into town - we play non-stop when that happens. I love that they call her Nonnie - that's cute. The grandkids call my mom Nannie. Sounds like you had a blast and learned many wonderful things from your mom.

Katie said...

I loved the pictures--your mom is beautiful! What a fun time! Wish my mom would come... :)

Tyson said...

How fun, the fam came to visit! My fam is coming to Cali to go to Disneyland this next week, I am so excited to see them and throw my nephews around a bit:)

The Booher's said...

Missy, I am so proud of you and your marathon! I couldnt do one, that takes too much training and dedication for me. You look great even after running miles!

Leslie said...

wow! What good times! Im sure your kids love having a Grandma around to do fun stuff!And seriously Im so proud of you for being a runner! When do I get to see you and give you a big hug??My kids love watching the videos of your boys. I swear we watched that cooking one like a hundred times!! Give us more! Fabulusss!!

Kurt and Carli said...

Wow Missy! Congrats on the half marathon! PLEASE come to Utah for Thanksgiving, PLEASE!! We would love to play with your cute boys and see you and Greg of course. I went shopping with your mom and my mom this week it was so fun, wish you could have joined us!

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg! You have such a beautiful family! Glad to see you doing so well. I'd love to hear from you. Email me at jjacobson108@hotmail.com. And way to go Melissa on the run! Wish I could do that!! :)