Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I LOVE David Cook!!!


Don't worry Greg, not that kind of love. This guy is just AMAZING!!!! Ever since he sang "Hello" a few weeks back I have been a huge fan. He is by far my favorite contestant on American Idol. I mean it's one thing to sing well, but to have the kind of talent and guts he has to create the kind of music that he dose is way more admirable. He is original, interesting, you never know what he'll do next.

Okay maybe I do have a little TV crush. There's just something about him. I know, the guy dose sport a mullet, but when he's singing...Oh, He's suddenly HOT.( I'm sure I'm not the only one who think this). The tone to his voice is beautiful, even when he's rockin' out. He porus so much emotion into his songs. It gives me goose bumps.

I have heard people call him cocky, but I don't see it. He is just very soft spoken and seems to value what the judges say. He is incredibly talented and I don't think he is getting enough credit. NO ONE in this competition is as talented and well rounded a musician as David Cook.
..... His home town is only 20 mins. from me...
Nah, I won't stalk him, Or will I?


This might be my favorite song from him.
It's Mariah Carey's Always be my Baby sung David Cook style.
Check it out and see what I mean. This guy is AWESOME!!!!


14 comments:

Kyle said...

You already know where I stand on this issue...I love Michael Johns...still sad he was eliminated.
David Cook is good but he isn't my favorite..sorry!

Mauzy Fam said...

My sister and I love him too!! You are so right on how talented he is and so unique and creative and brave!! He creates masterpieces. He will definately go to the end of this competition. No way is he cocky. He's totally humble -c'mon did anyone see him cry? The judges love him too!!
I must say that this year is SO good to watch. A lot of talented people. I'm starting to get really sad to see people go!

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

I am with you - David Cook is my #1 for sure! He barely beats out little David A. Jake made up nicknames for all the American Idols. The dreadlock guy is called, "Caillou" because he is so spacey that we think when he goes home he turns the TV to watch Caillou or pbskids. And David Cook is "Dirty." But he is still my favorite :)
by the way, congrats on doing hospital hill!!! Don't feel too bad on my not being there because I would never be doing that again. On another note, I am doing a 1/2 in a few weeks - I have not trained except for a couple of super Saturdays. It is supremely easier because it is all flat...you should try flat sometime.

Anonymous said...

You know that I'm probably the Only person in the U.S. who isn't involved in Am Idol -- only having seen bits this season-- But with you liking this guy so much I went to utube (couldn't get this to open on your site) and listened to both he and David A. Honestly, I think David's voice is a LOT better but this guy is a better performer--and I can see the charm, I just don't care for his singing style-- I also watched the White girl-- didn't think this performance was good at all--

GUENTHERS said...

I have to say that Carly is my favorite. She somehow manages to be totally gorgeous and be covered in tatoo's.

Amanda said...

I miss Michael Johns. :( Glad you're updating your blog Melissa!

Courtney said...

After last week and Michael Johns being booted...I totally think he is going to win!

Glenn Ostlund said...

Um.. did she just say she listened to the "white girl?" shameless

Give back, missie.

give




back

Nunes Family said...

So I have not keep up with American Idol this year. But I am happy to see you posting more!! Hope all is good with you guys.

Charlie said...

Oh no! The Evans' blog spot has "jumped the shark".

More boys less trash tv talk ;-)

M + L said...

Hey Melissa! I like David Cook too, but I really like David Archuleta also. I know he's really young, but that kid can sing. I'm normally a huge IDOL fan, but I think I'm getting burned out. Plus, I don't have much time on my hands with school, so I watch it when I can. But I have been watching the last 3 weeks. Other than these two boys, I'm not too impressed with the singing this year. Jordin Sparks votes for David Cook. We will see!!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Don't worry Debbie, I don't watch American Idol either. We don't have cable, and it's so peaceful. (I'm not judging, we just can't afford it. ha ha!) But after seeing this clip, I looked him up on You Tube. He's really good. I'm very picky about remakes too. I liked the way he did "Hello." That's a tough one to make your own. Such a recognizable song, and he did really good with all his songs. Thanks for the video. :) And so curious about who's the "white girl."

Anonymous said...

Melissa-
I totally agree! There is just something about him and he can sing anything great! He is the only reason I can get James to watch with me!:)

Glenn Ostlund said...

David Cook was crushed last night by Archuleta. At least he didn't say, "I am most excited about the upcoming Idol tour because I'll be able to meet all MY FANS" or "the best thing about Idol Gives Back week was that I had backup singers" or "this song was written during the civil rights movement -- a pivotal time in history; and now I get to sing it in another pivotal time in history, MY life in the top four on Idol, because I have changed and grown so much over the past few weeks, and my singing career is just as important and pivotal as the whole civil rights movement thing (cuz if it's all about me then it's just meant to be)."

me -- me -- me -- me -- me

I know Castro is basically begging to get voted off, but can we please pull the plug on Little Miss Syesha this week. Ugh.