Last week I had my 27th B-day~ It was a really fun day. Thanks to everyone for your calls & notes.
They made me feel so special!
A few friends from here put together a fun B-day play-date for me. We had hoped to go swimming, but mother nature had other rainy plans. My wonderful friend Kristin invited 7 mothers & 16 kids into her home so we could still play. She was sweet, brave, & best of all a fabulous cook.( She made a yummy soup for us all too).
While Mandy, Angela, Kristi, Whitney, Melessa, Kirsten, Kristin, & I visited, the kids actually played really well together. We made an indoor picnic for them and then sent them downstairs so we could enjoy a few moments together. I feel so grateful to have such wonderful, fun friends here in KC.
That night Greg & I went out for a date night to a new Italian restaurant. We had fun walking around shops before & enjoying some much needed time together. It was probably one of the best B-days I'd had in a long time.
Thanks again!
Also on the slide show- We helped surprise Kristin's husband Chad for his B-day the previous week. (Chad, Kristin & My B-days are all one week away from each other. It's been a full month). He had no idea that a few friends had come over for some treats & a little rock band. I think the main reason I wanted to post these pictures is because I think Brody is SO cute playing rock band. He totally got into it. He sang "Underdog" & "Greatest American Hero". I couldn't be more proud.














10 comments:
Glad that you had a great birthday!!
You have such good friends in Kansas and they take great care of you. I am glad your day was special. I was thinking of you also and sending good thoughts your way.
It was fun to celebrate your birthday! I LOVE get- togethers! I could do that EVERY day! :P And I just want to give Greg a High five for making your birthday cake! That's awesome!
Wish I could have been there...sniff, sniff. Glad you had a good day!
So glad you had such a great Birthday, looks like you have some awesome friends there in KS!
I suck again! Happy belated birthday! I wish I could have been there. I totally miss you and the lovely ladies. I miss you all!!!!!!! Tell everybody hi for me please!
Great pictures-- You know how much I appreciate your cute friends for all they do to take care of my little girl!
I loved seeing how much Brody was into the 'band' and I'm totally impressed with Greg making a cake from Scratch! A yummy ice cream one at that!! Way to go Greg!!!
I love you and can hardly believe it's been 27 years! You have grown up so beautifully- I love you
Hi Melissa! I found you through someone elses blog (can't remember who right now ha ha ha). You look AMAZING!!! What a beautiful family you have! I'm linking you to me so I can keep up with you, feel free to do the same with mine! www.brittanylueck.blogspot.com
It's so good to *see* you!
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like everyone you love remembered and made you feel special. I loved seeing the slideshow so I could see you model some of the super cute shirts you got in Indiana... you found some keepers!
Happy day to you with love and happiness all year long.
Post a Comment