Greg and his buddies play in a city Baseball league. This is his 5th season out here and it's always fun to watch him play. Wait, I take that back. It's fun to go to the games and I love the moments I do get to see him in action. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time chasing little boys. They're team is pretty good this season, It can't hurt that most of the teams they play are drunk by the second game! Greg plays 3rd base and left center. He is really good and the other night I say he hit a Home run, He is modest and says it was a triple, that was overthrown for the homer. Whatever- He is great. I enjoy playing with the boys and chatting with the other wives that are there. Behind the field is a playground for the kiddos. I got some video of the boys running and sliding themselves, just a different kind of slide!
Okay- I'm sorry, but I have to brag for a moment here, not totally to brag, but I am just in shock! So I've talked about running this half marathon in October, but as it was coming closer I was starting to chicken out. I'd only been running 4-5 miles and I didn't feel mentally or physically prepared. I want to have a fun experience with the half, and not be miserable the whole time. Well, I couldn't give up and my friend Kirsten and I decided to just go for it and see what happens. So, Thursday we ran 7 miles and yesterday we ran 10! I can't believe it! ME , ex-chubby, ice cream loving, mommy of two ran 10 miles! It's so fun to have a friend to share it with, we just chatted the whole time and I almost didn't notice what we were doing. I am so pumped and now I can't wait for the race, especially because we still have a few weeks to fine tune and really get ready. I already feel such a sense of accomplishment. We really did run/jog the entire time. I didn't know that was possible for me, it's so fun! We'll see what race day will bring...
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Take me out to the Ball Game
Posted by Melissa at September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














9 comments:
Wow Missy,
I'm impressed at your running! That is a huge accomplishment. I can't wait to hear how the half marathon goes. I did one last December and only ran like 7 miles until the big day-it was hard, but I felt so good when I finished. Brad makes fun of me cause I haven't run much since but at least I can say I did it- i really need to get back into it cause it makes you feel so good. Love ya and good luck!
Alyssa
Oh my gosh, Tate is the cutest little walker/runner! I loved watching that video of him and his big brother. I hope that my 2 will play cute like that. Congrats on the running! What a great accomplishment. Good luck in the race, I'm sure you will feel like a champ when it's all over.
Oh Mr. Chubby running... waddling... carefully stepping over the crack from one pavement to the other... EAT him up. Waddle waddle. Give his belly a squish for me. Love seeing the little brothers laugh together... priceless. I love seeing the daddies with the kids running around the diamond... it was really sweet. And hey, You Go GIRL on the running... we need to see a photo of you. 10 miles, oh my gosh.
Great job on running so much! That's awesome!! Good luck in a few more weeks - I know that you are going to do great! I'll be thinking of you. Go Melissa!
I am so proud of you, 10 miles, what an accomplishment. I can't wait to see pics of the big race!!!
I love hanging out at baseball games. Jordan and my brothers/inlaws used to get a team together every year and now they don't do it anymore. I'm going to have to get them to do it again because I know we all loved it.
Great job on running! Holy cow - I can't even run a 1/2 mile because I HATE HATE HATE running. You are so good! I'd much rather play volleyball, racquetball or walk for exercise, but I'm so lazy I hardly even do that. I'm impressed!!
Wow. 10 miles is awesome. You are amazing. Cute video of your boy's playing baseball. Love it!
10 miles??!! Amazing I must say... I would of stopped before I got to 1 mile, then grab some ice cream! Great job and keep it up and good luck! :)
Melissa, Wow! Great job on the running! I found your blog and now you are official on ours so I can check back often. Good luck at the race!
Jen
Post a Comment