Today is GREG"S 30th Birthday! I think I'm more excited than he is. I don't know if it's the fact that 30 is a pretty big deal or more that I love that we are "growing up" together . When we met I was 18 and he was 22, Now he's 30! I don't know- it's just special to me and I guess I feel like we've always been too young. Maybe now that he's 30 We'll get a little more r-e-s-p-e-c-t! Even though everyone still says he looks like a teenager-
There are many things I love about Greg, Here are 30 of them in no particular order:
1.He shovels the driveway and likes it!
2.He loves the seasons and is very happy here, but He wants to try out new places and not get too settled anywhere.
3.He is very adventerous and loves being active.
4.He tries to teach his friends how to Mountain Bike so he can have buddies to go with.
5.He chose me!
6.He's so hot he could model, but he swears he doesn't know it!
7. He's so helpful, I still remember him paceing at night with new born Brody so I could get some sleep.
8.He brings balance to my life and helps me to see a different point of view. He is a great listener when I need someone to talk to.9.AgaIn he loves sports and he is really good at all of them. Even if it's his first time... It's kind of not fair.
10.He'll try almost anything, He's gone scuba diving, water rafting and even sky diving!- CRAZY, That was not with me.
11. He is such a sweet Daddy. It's been fun to see the transition from no kids to kids. The boys truly adore him!
12.He makes some pretty cute boys too, if I may say so-
13.Even When things are hard he keeps hanging on.
14.He is a very dedicated worker and always dose his best in any job.
15. Education is important to him. He still talks about going back for his MBA.
16. I admire his passion and ability to prioritze to get things done.
17. He is a computer geek.
18. He's given both of our boys computers before they were one. (They were free from his work, but our boys see how much he likes them and want to be just like Daddy).
19. He loves to play rough with the boys. They are so happy when they can tackle and run crazy! But he has the softer side too and is very loving with them.
20.My favorite is when he reads them bedtime stories, too cute. I've even caught him singing to them!- It melts my heart.
21.He is so intelligent, sometimes too intelligent.
22.He loves to teach other people, at least when they are willing to learn.
23.He loves treats- Many nights he'll stop off at the store to pick up treats. I'm not always happy that he gets them - I don't need the extra temptation, but it makes me laugh that he dose it.
24.He let me teach him the joy of good food! One of my favorite stories is when he came out here for an interview, the first thing he told me about was this awesome restaurant they took him to, not the job offer, the food... He really is meant for me. :)
25.He can fix pretty much anything. He's teaching Brody how to also.
26. Even if he's never tried to make or fix something he'll try and usually dose an amazing job. He just installed a car stereo for the first time and it sounds great.
27.He tried to teach me to Mountain bike and was really sweet when I was scared and gave me confidence to go down the hills.
28.He is So patient with me. I could list at least thirty more things that he is patient about, but that would take WAY too long!
29.He loves to snuggle.
30. His eyes light up when the boys welcome him home each day.
I love you for these and So MANY more reasons. I hope you have a sepcial Birthday and know how great we think you are!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, November 8, 2007
THE BIG 3 0 !
Posted by Melissa at November 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














14 comments:
Happy 30th Birthday Greg! What a cute idea Melissa the 30 things-- I love you both! Mom
Happy 30th! You seem so young. Great blog, you have a great wife too!
Hooray for Greg!! That list was so true about little Greggy he is such a sweet and smart guy. Hope he is spoiled for his special day! Wish we could celebrate with you! Happy b-day !
LOOK AT THAT SNOW!! Happy birthday you old man! Such a cute post, I know he loved you doing that for him. :)
Thirty isn't so bad. They have this awesome goat cheese here. I know how much you like goat cheese. They make it from real goats (and real cheese). I bought a bunch for you and shipped it out yesterday. It will be a little late for the traditional birthday rub down, but you know the old saying, always better late than never when it comes to really good goat cheese! You'll know when it gets there, because it's pretty strong. You only have to apply about half of what you normally would for the best results (which means it should last twice as long, although with your voracious appetitite for goat cheese...). This particular batch might make your pits a little gamey, and your farts will follow you around you like thick winter balnkets, but dude... goat cheese. Mmmmmmm.
OKAY... I don't want to even know about the "traditional birthday rub down" with goat cheese...
For the second time today, Happy Birthday, Greg! Whatcha wish for?!
Melissa, you are so cute for posting this. What a fabulous wife you are to take the time to share your love for your hubby, and to celebrate him in a special way on his special day!
Happy Be-lated Birthday Greg!! Cute idea Missy, you are such a sweet wife and Mom!!
Happy Big 3-0 Greg!! Wow.
Melissa, sorry it has been so long since we've chatted. With moving and my family being here and EVERYONE being sick...it's been way too crazy of a week. But I still love ya. Hope all is well.
Happy late B-day. Your so good at keeping up on your blog.
Happy Birthday Greg. You do have such a great guy there Melissa. What a stud!
so cute! sounds like you were going to have a fun time celebrating. and speaking of which , thanks for the b-day wish on my blog! i was kinda suprised, how did you even know or remember? but thanks so much. it was a great b-day..spent in san diego with mark!
Happy 30th Greg! I hope you had a great day, I am sure Missy took good care of you!!!
Super fun idea... love the 30 countdown with pictures. Making a list is always a good idea. You can quote me on that.
The one that made me laugh is that Greg shovels snow and "likes" it. I cracked up outloud...because it is totally Greg. You could add a lot to that list, like mowing the lawn, cleaning, etc.
Good stuff.
You are awesome. Greg too.
Maybe one you forgot is that he gives really good advice to members of the bishopric. I am doing it again but I rarely nod off anymore, in fact I am going to claim it hasn't happened here in Casa Grande, YET! Although as we know it is very likely to soon. Hope all is well with you. I still smile when I think about his parting shot in testimony meeting. I hope to keep up with you better now that I know where to find you.
John Stone
Post a Comment