Friday, November 2, 2007

HaLloWeEn NIgHt!

This was actually taken at our ward party last week. Brody really wanted to be Mack-Lightning McQueen's Semi. Brody LOVES Semis. Tate was cute little frog.
The original Mack for those of you who have no idea who I'm talking about.
At first I wanted him to be a trucker in a normal Semi, but he picked Mack and has been set on it. I think it turned out pretty cute.
I added some pipes (Brody's favorite Semis have pipes) & reflective tape along the sides for Halloween. It's so fun to have a boy who is SO into BOY things.

Halloween night was really fun. Whitney was sweet enough to offer her home again this year for the festivities. She had a cute idea of doing a craft before trick or treating. The plan was to make a Haunted House goodie bag from an old milk carton. Then the kids could take it out with them to collect their candy. I think Trey & Elliot did a great job on theirs however, Brody was way to distracted to get into the craft. He usually loves crafts but he just wanted to go play. Tate also had other things on his mind, like eating. The only pictures I could take with him looking were when he was eating or reaching for food! Sweet boy, I guess in the chaos I forgot to get dinner ready- sorry.



Once the craft was done and everyone had arrived we headed out for trick or treating. This was Tate's first year of really going door to door. Last year we had him in a stroller because it was so cold. This year the weather was a perfect 50 degrees, cold enough to feel like fall, but warm enough not to ruin any costumes with ski jackets. Our friend's live in a big cul-de-sac, it was just enough for our little crew. They had a blast. Brody was so excited to be dressed up with his friends at night & to be getting CANDY too! He thought it was great. Tate was still figuring things out. The first few houses he tried to go inside. One lady let him pick his own treat to which his eyes lit up and as he grabbed the peanut butter cup he said, "WHOA"! We all laughed, He thought she was giving him the coolest thing in the world!

Our family take 3, oh well- At least Greg looks good!

We ended the night with warm cider & cake- I guess Tate's not the only one into the food- I know exactly where he gets it from. It was fun to visit and let the kiddos play. We were home and in bed by 9:00. I was pretty happy with that, but I guess they were more tired than they seemed because they both took 3 hour naps yesterday! It was a very fun Halloween, maybe next year I can even get Greg to dress up!

11 comments:

The Ellsworths said...

They looked so cute! Did you make that Mack? It looked awesome! Carson is a big Cars fan too. Lovin' the boy thing! (really, do we have a choice?)! :0)

♥ Natalie said...

(I'm hoping you don't repeat comments from me on this - I'm having trouble leaving you a comment.) Good job on the Mack costume, Melissa! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun on Halloween!

Mauzy Fam said...

Yeah, that's hilarious that our boys were both frogs and they were hand-me-downs from the older ones! Bryce's frog was too little for him - they were more like shorts which is good for AZ, I guess. Looks like you guys had fun. I like the craft idea and I LOVED the pumpkin cake! That was cute. I'm sure it tasted good too.

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

Dear Brody,
You have a nice truck. I want to play with you. From, Evan

Into the Wood's said...

Sooooooo CUTE!!! I love those boys.. Now you can add "costume designer" to your list of accomplishments-- MAC is great!! And the cake looks really yummy

I'm so glad you do this! Love you ; )

Alaina said...

That slide show is amazing! I love seeing your creativity on your blog. Your boys are so cute and I love seeing pictures of your little one - he's so darling I just want to give him a big squeeze!

Mark and Kristi said...

Those costumes are so cute! It looks like you all had a lot of fun! Mark and I just stayed home and passed out the candy... we were enjoying all the different costumes that came to the door! People get so creative!

Angela said...

Wow! You did great on that costume! I made my kids' last year, but didn't start soon enough this year. Kyle's cape and Mia's pumpkin were homemade from last year, at least they got used more than once! That cake did look yummy! I hate it when I forget to cook a meal when we have a lot going on. Oh yeah, and you were right on about the Pollyannas! :)

Mad Queen said...

Oh, I love it... MR.SEMI... I will have to show this to Jonas, he will crack up. He still sees trucks and says, "Brody will like dat". You know my cousin actually named her son "Trucker"... maybe you were misguided...ha ha. Fun pictures. Can Tate get any more loveable! He IS the cutest thing I have ever seen... darling, darling, darling. Squeeze him for his Aunt Tracey. Love you!

greg & allyson said...

Hey Melissa, it's Allyson (Webb) Cottrell. I got your link from Jacque's blog. We have one too that you get get to from Jacque's. Anyway, first of all, you look amazing--love the hair, love the bangs, and what a skinny bod you're sporting! Hot Mamma! And you're little family is just darling! Where are you guys living these days. Maybe it says somewhere and I missed it. Well, I just wanted to say hi. It looks like you are doing really well!

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Melissa so cute, I love the costumes. Did you make Brody's costume, it's awesome! Glad y'all had such a good night.