It seems like Tate has been really keeping us on our toes lately. This kid just doesn't stop! On Monday I was doing the normal nap time routine getting both boys down before a client came over for a cut & color. I put Tate in his crib and walked into my room to get things together. I heard a strange sound and turned. There walking through my door, blankie in hand was Tate! I did a double take- It was freaky. I knew I had just out him in his crib and I had never seen him climb out before. I'd heard of other kids doing it, but had never experienced it myself. So, put him back in bed, but this time I watched him as he climbed almost effortlessly out of the crib. He was very proud of himself and his new trick. I couldn't stop laughing at this cute little chub! I watched him do it a few more times before I got the camera.
By the time I recorded this I think he was a little tired. It was not fun juggling my escapee and my hair client. I did continue to put him in bed each time he got out. I even brought in his pack and play hoping he wouldn't be able to climb out of that- nope- He's determined. A one point I gave up and just figured he'd ware himself out and I'd just put him down when she left, but then I didn't hear him anymore. I went to check and he had climbed into his pack and play and was finally ready for a rest!
Needless to say Tate has now made the switch to the toddler bed. I don't think he likes it yet. I know he likes that he can get out on his own, but I think he felt a little more secure in the crib. I'm sure in a week he'll be adjusted and hopefully go to sleep on the first try.How can he be so big and yet so little at the same time?
I snuk in and took this once he finally fell asleep. Sweet baby boy.
I also wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister-in-law Tracey(the Mad Queen)! They are living in Japan for a few years so even though in the states her B-day is tomorrow, in Japan it's toady! I can't call there so I thought I'd give her special attention on the blog,(and since I have created a monster with her own blog!) Some of my favorite Tracey moments include- Curling my hair for my 8th grade promotion. Starting my love of picture taking and scrapbooking. Teaching me how to be a "movie snob"-That's from Glenn too. Helping me with all the "becoming a Mom" stuff and of course, we'll always have Columbus! Happy B-day Tracey-We love you! 
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Don't tell me what I can't do!
Posted by Melissa at December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














11 comments:
That freaks me out whenever I think of little ones climbing out of their cribs! We put ours in toddler beds way too early (since there was another one on the way and needing the crib) so I have never experienced that firsthand. Tate's a pro at it, though!
The video was cute - I was surprised to see Brody pop out of the Pack and Play. CUTE BOYS!!
Oh man, that is too funny. I'm so not ready for that. He looks so cute in his big boy bed though.
What a GREAT video! I love this medium and that you do it sooo well!! I just want you to figure out a way that I can reach out and hug them! ; )
Haha!! He is such a cutie! I can't believe how easy it was for him to get out of his crib..I am definately NOT ready for Spencer to be there! How is the toddler bed working out?
Good luck keeping him in his big boy bed! :) I haven't had a crib escapee yet (knock on wood with Gunner)! Tate looks adorable in the bed though!
I love it! I couldn't wait to show Dana. Thankfully, Chaz's crib is a bit higher, otherwise he'd already be breaking out.
Okay, wow... no one told me you wished me a happy birthday on my blog? You are awesome! Thanks for the attention. I love it. I have some fun memories with you too... watching you cheer at your pep rally, recieving your "wedding rap" wishes at our engagement, all of the times I fixed your hair as a little girl and then all of the times you fixed my hair when you grew up... you are still the BEST at color and styling... well, cutting too! I also love my memories hanging out with you at the beach when we vacationed with your family... you taught me to boogie board, I had never done that before. I have loved ALL of our shopping moments, you are my favorite shopping partner! I have loved sharing "raising a boy" moments with you. I love that we have boys the exact same age. You are always up to fun times. I love you to pieces sister.
-Tracey
Now here is my comment for the Tate escape artist... darling. I really hate it when they finally figure out they can escape. Jonas was my earliest escapee.... 9 months. The scary part is that he could then get back in so he would not get in trouble. I love that you took a photo of the chubber climbing over. Great idea. You are a fabulous Momma. Love you!
Oh and I love Tate's grunting noises as he climbs over... that made me laugh outloud. What a darling bubba. Glenn had a great time with you guys. He loves your boys. I am glad he took a trip out there... good for all.
So cute! Your boys are darling. My girls never did the "escapee" thing. Is that what I get to look forward to with my boy? Oh no! I'll need advice with that. ha ha. Love the part about my sister. It's nice to know she has family every where that love her! Thanks for being there for her. Good picture of her too. She's so pretty.
Ohhhh he is so cute in that sleeping picture. Darling!
Post a Comment