The day after Christmas we left our new toys and headed out to AZ.
Our first day there was a busy one. After spending the night with my Aunt Becky & Uncle David Allen,and playing with Buffy & Chloe, we met up with Mom & David.( Different David, there are too many David's in our family... but we love them). We went to feed the ducks at Freestone park and I underestimated the chill Arizona can have. I thought I was so tough now that I lived with snow, ha! Joke was on me. After feeding the ducks (and Tate). We went to dinner, then to see the Temple Lights. I forgot how beautiful that is. I always took it for granted, Or just used it as an excuse to hang out with my friends on a Sunday. It was fun to share that with the boys.
After some ice cream, we said goodbye to Mom & David and headed up to Payson to stay with Greg's parents for a few days.
His sister Cherly had driven in from Cali. with her kids and his brother's kids came up from Gilbert. It was so fun for Brody & Tate to get to know their Evans cousins a little better. They had lots of fun hiking, playing with the new dogs and just being silly together.
We drove back to Tempe and stayed with my Dad & Ann Marie the rest of the trip. I was so happy to get to visit with the friends we were able to see and a little bummed for the ones we missed. Better luck next time. Two highlights were hanging out with Jacque & Doug on New Years playing "Compatablity". Luckily Greg and I are compatible! And we always have a great time with Mark & Leslie, eating at RA was no different. Even thinking about it makes my mouth water. Oh, and thanks for introducing us to "Rock Band". Finally a way we can do karaoke together- That game is awesome!
We celebrated Tate's 2nd Birthday by going to the Phoenix Zoo. It was great. I've loved our zoo here in Kansas City because it is so beautiful will big mature trees, but I must say the Phoenix zoo has it beat. You can get SO CLOSE to the animals! I couldn't believe I was standing 10 feet from a giraffe! We all had a blast -
The one sad part about Tate's big day was that Greg had to fly home that night. I planned it that the boys and I would stay a few extra days, but when the time came I wished we were all leaving together. Oh, well. We did still have a little bit of fun with out him.
Here is even more from our trip.














6 comments:
Looks like fun! Have you ever been to the Tucson Zoo? It's tiny, but you get VERY close to the animals. My fave is Denver though, everything has an underground veiwing area of the animals areas, you can see them all the time. You look so pretty too Melissa!
Great cute pictures!! Your boys are so adorable. Sounds like a good trip - it is always nice to get home though. You are right about home is where you make it. Yuma isn't home to me anymore. By the way you were about a mile away from us when you were at Freestone. I'm there all the time. Crazy!!
Happy Birthday Tate! I can't believe he isn't that little squishy 6 month old anymore.
Fun to travel with you guys on your trip through your pictures. Good times! I like Greg's hair long like that... very "in". I love the photo of the boys sleeping together... how precious is that? I love your orange snow hat... see THAT is one of the fun things about living somewhere COLD. You have a reason to wear the cute hats and scarves and jazz. Although I do recognize you were wearing this in Arizona? Huh? Yeah, that is wierd. I love Kansas too... HERE HERE for the MIDWEST! I love you!
Just got the video to work of Tate laughing at the monkeys... Oh my gosh, eat that kid up! Glenn stopped his xbox game to watch. He really enjoyed Tate during his trip to see you guys "he is such a fun kid". Watching this made me laugh outloud.
Thanks for the comprehensive visit update! Your boys are darling and you, my dear, are breathtaking! It's fun to see you in photos. I'll always love Arizona but now it feels more like a place to visit, huh!
Post a Comment