Thursday, March 6, 2008

BUNderwear




The other day while I was doing laundry Tate came in with a soggy diaper. As I went to cahnge him I had the idea to put some undies on him and see what he thinks. He LOVED them! He ran all over with this huge smile on his face. It was so cute to see his little buns in big boy underwear. He actually fills them out more than Brody dose.

I hadn't even considered potty training him yet, but after seeing how much he liked it .. and how much I HATE changing diapers, I think it's in our near future. Right now I am just "talking" about it with him. I hope this time it will be easier because he has big brother to watch. Brody is more than willing to show Tate how he goes potty in the big potty. He walks Tate through it step by step and all I do is listen. It's great! I'm sure it will be more difficult when the time really comes, but for now it's cute to see Tate in his "Bunderwear"!


18 comments:

the Painters said...

What a cute little chunker! SUCH a fun age. What a love!

The Welker Family said...

He is so cute and chubby! It makes you just want to squeeze him! I love Brody's birthday cake too. So cute!

jacque said...

What a little squish! He reminds me of my little Makenna. It's so cute to feel their cute little bums in the undies after a big pillowy diaper for so long!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Seeing those pictures just put the biggest smile on my face. What a sweet boy. And I just want to eat those lucious thighs.
You should try potty training him. He may catch on quickly.

Anonymous said...

Ok-- Nonnie needs to kiss that whole little squishy body!!!! I can't wait to see him again!
Love you

Dyan said...

Love the rolls of buns hanging out in the last pic! Kaleb has those same undies and I didn't think it was possible for anyone else (kid of course!) to look cute in them, I stand proven wrong!

lindsey said...

Ha ha!! This is hilarious- i love the pics! =) Looks like you'll be a busy mommy with the potty training!

Kyle said...

That is so cute...I tried to put undies on Nathan the other day (to see what he would do) and he ran away saying "no, no, no!" I guess he's not ready yet!

Amanda said...

That picture of him running is the cutest ever! I was really excited to get Nathan potty trained, he was much easier than Miranda. He likes the boxer briefs the best and pees wherever he is at the moment he has to go, (outside that is)!

Jenny Lynn said...

are you kidding me?? that is the cutest thing in the whole world! I think kids are ready when they're ready... its so much easier when they are willing (ok i know, captian obvious, right?)

Mandy said...

Oh melissa! he get's those cute buns from you!! :P What a funny guy! I should try putting on undy's for Owen ! Maybe it will help him with potty training!

Charmaine said...

OK, now I will be stalking you!! :) Your kids are adorable! Good luck with the potty training... I guess you've already done it once, I'm getting anxious just thinking about training my little guy!

Glenn Ostlund said...

Hmmmm... that sounds an awful lot like "Yumderwear" -- I wonder where you got THAT from? (Hide the fruit roll-ups).

It's like dinner and a movie, right there in your shorts!
-- Victor Weinstein

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

First, Glenn's just funny! What a fun brother!

Tate is tooooooo cute! Love the last shot of his little buns and thighs!! Eat him up!

I'm nervous to potty train a boy. I hear it's easier, but I wouldn't know! ha ha. I have about 3 more years until I have to try. ha ha! (A little early to be nervous?) When the time comes, I'll have to get some advice from you. :)

♥ Natalie said...

Aww!! You are one proud Mamma... and have right to be! It is nice to see them change into underwear after the diapers. FUN for Tate! He looks cute.

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

I love his chunky little legs in those underwear, it's so cute. Good luck with potty training, I have to admit I already dread doing it with Carter and he's not even here yet!!!

Lisa Hobbs said...

You will have to save these pics for his girlfriends to embaress him with when he gets older. He is so cute!

Mad Queen said...

How can you NOT comment on Mr. Chubbers stuffed into a pair of underwear??? Oh my gosh he is a love muffin. I laughed outloud when I saw the one from behind... his fat thighs touchgin each other. So hilarious! It makes me laugh just remembering it. Way funny. Give that boy a squeeze from his Aunt Tracey. And, tell him he is not allowed to loose any weight before I see him. No ATKINS for Tate!

love you.