Friday, May 23, 2008

My TRUE love

Has it really been 7 YEARS?!!!! WOW! Time really does fly!



Today Greg and I celebrate 7 years of wedded bliss. I know last year I shared my thoughts about how Anniversaries are so special. Birthdays come and go with little effort on our parts. Unfortunately, Marriages don't always. It is something you must work at daily, some days you work harder than others.
Greg and I both agree that this year has been our most difficult. We have had some amazing ups and some very challenging downs. Through it all I definitely feel that we have grown as a result. In fact I think these last few months have possibly been the best ever.... at least since kids.
Does anyone else find they had more conflict with their spouse since kids? I know we have. I think it's because you focus so much energy on the kids and work and the house and all your responsibilities, it can be easy to neglect each other.
I am trying harder to show Greg how much I love him.
"It's not enough to take the one you love for granted. You must remind him or he'll be inclined to say, How do I know she loves me? How dose he know he's mine? Do you write a special blog post that's meant just for him? Make a slide show of pictures where he's really cute. You'll find your own way to show him. With the little things you do. That's how you know. That's how you know. He's your love"
Did I just break into song? So Sorry. Giselle, is that you?
Anyway- I have such great memories of our wedding day, Even more from the years that have followed.
I love Greg and hope we will continue to work and grow together for many more Anniversaries to come.
(Sorry- I feel like I'm cutting this short, but We've got a date!)

19 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary guys!!! That is awesome--we are only one year ahead of you--we'll celebrate our 8th in August. As far as how hard it is since we've had kids--we've ALWAYS had kids, so we don't know what it's like to be ALONE. We dream about what we'll do when they're all married off. With our luck, one of them will stick around forever :)

Anonymous said...

I hoped you had posted a blog for your anniversary! Incredible to think 7 whole years have gone by!! Happy Anniversary to you!! Love you, Mom & David

Kyle said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the slide show! You are right marriage is hard with kids...but worth it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 7 years, you guys are seriously such a gorgeous couple!!!!

The Hall Family said...

7 years!!! You guys are so cute together.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Melissa!
You do have some catching-up to do to be even with Garry and me. We celebrated 21 years on Valentine's Day...I know...gag!!!

Seriously, congratulations, Melissa and Greg!!

What a beautiful little family you have!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
Did you watch the "Ellen" show today? Our fabulous guy was on!!!

Mandy said...

Look how SKINNY you look GIRL! I should've taken another picture of you two, or I should've told Greg to SMILE BIG! :P Glad I could be of service to you two on your anniversary!

Mandy said...

Look how SKINNY you look GIRL! I should've taken another picture of you two, or I should've told Greg to SMILE BIG! :P Glad I could be of service to you two on your anniversary!

Melissa B said...

Congratulations on 7 years! Kevin and I celebrate 7 years in August. We have so much in common...except where we live! You should move.

Also, you look AMAZING in that last picture! SO SKINNY! Keep up the good work. Wish we could be running partners again...

I miss you!

Melissa B said...

Also, tell Jessica Corbaly I want an invite to her blog. And Sarah Anderson too. My email is kmjbell@yahoo.com

Jenny Lynn said...

wow, congrats, thats amazing. You two are such a gorgeous couple. Dang kids, they make everything harder :)

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad things are going so good for you guys and that you have had 7 great years together!

M + L said...

Congratulations Melissa!! Wow! I can't believe it's been that long either! I remember when you colored and cut my hair and you didn't have any kids yet! Time flies, huh?! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I hope you guys have a great date! Love ya.

Ben and Amberly said...

Congrats!! You guys are perfect for eachother. You look so happy. I love the slide show.

Ben and Amberly said...

Congrats!! You guys are perfect for eachother. You look so happy. I love the slide show.

Glenn Ostlund said...

I guess you guys must pray together, cuz, you know, that whole rhyming thing. I like Greg. I like you, too. Don't ever change. What a wild ride, and all that. KIT

So if this posts twice do you win the annual blogger total comment prize?

Glenn Ostlund said...

I guess you guys must pray together, cuz, you know, that whole rhyming thing. I like Greg. I like you, too. Don't ever change. What a wild ride, and all that. KIT

So if this posts twice do you win the annual blogger total comment prize?

Brad, Briene and Brayden said...

So I know that this is totally late but happy anniversary. We were out of town and things have been crazy this week with trying to close our house. I can't believe how fast time flies. Congrats on the last great 7 years and many many more to come.