Sunday, May 11, 2008

Playing Catch-up!

I am slacking this year with keeping this thing updated! We have had a great spring so far. I am always so surprised at how much I LOVE the springtime. Growing up in Az I never really had one. It is so amazing and beautiful to see the trees grow purple, white or pink and then turn green. That song "Popcorn popping" finally makes sence to me.
Espceially after such a LONG winter- it is so nice to have beautiful weather again.
Although we have had some crazy storms. I have never heard wind and thunder like we get it out here. Maybe next time I'll film some so you know what I mean.
Here are a few of the things have have been keeping us busy.

Brody had his Spring School Performance. I wish I could say he knew all the words and did a great job, but I'm going to have to pull a Paula and just talk about how cute he looked. Silly boy- couldn't keep his fingers out of his nose! Is he the only one? Do you Mom's of 4 year olds have this problem? I don't know what to do. Anyway- as you'll see in the video he spent most of his time on stage looking at his friends, picking his nose or arching forward. It is definitely funny to see. Someday he'll figure it out! At least he really did look super cute!
On stage- the one shot I have withOUT his fingers in, well you know.
With his buddy Austin who "graduated" from Pre-School.
Our family after the performance.



We got a treat after for a job well done!
I was pleasantly shocked that the ice cream didn't end up all over their clothes!

The entire next day, and every day after, Brody was singing one of the songs he learned at school. Since he didn't sing much during the performance I was able to get him to sing some for me before we went to the gym one day. I know random time & place to film, but they were confined. It seemed like as good of time as any.
BYW- He and Tate have watched this like 50 times. They love to see themselves on the computer, they just laugh and laugh. It's so cute!


What else?....Oh, I thought this was so cute. Our computer is in our room so as I get ready in the morning, or put laundry away, I'll let them watch "shows on the computer". That's what Brody calls it. It's actually you tube. They watch Lighting Mcqueen, Veggie Tales, Monster Trucks or Transformers. It's pretty cool that they can maneuver the site. (But I stay close by, just in case the were to stumble on to something not too good). Anyway one day it was close to nap time and I was finishing up some laundry. When I came to get them for bed I found that Tate had already fallen asleep. He was out!! It was so cute. Brody hadn't even noticed.





One more thing. I took this of Brody with my friend Kristin's new baby. She came over to get her hair done. I usually schedule my appts. during nap time or in the evening when Greg is home to help with the boys. But she and I couldn't find any other time so I made an exception. I was worried about how well they would do, but I was so amazed at what a sweet little helper Brody was. He would sing his "friends" song to the baby, help him with his pacifier and even shared cars with him. It was so cute to see him making friends with the baby. .... Now I know what some of you are thinking, "oh, time for another if he's such a good helper." Don't even think about it! Besides we asked Brody if he wants another baby and he says, "Nah, Just Tate". I couldn't agree more.... at least for now.


*** Check back soon to see pics form when I met David Cook!!!!! I want to post them SO bad, but I thought I'd be a bad Mom if I blogged about my celeb crush before my son's school performance! But rest assured they are coming.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Okay, I so have the nose picking problem...today when Ben was going up to sing in sacrament meeting for mothers day I said "don't pick your nose...I don't even care if you sing..just don't pick your nose" He said "okay" and luckily he listened..this time!
Can't wait for the David Cook update!!

Mad Queen said...

Love the photos best of Tate sleeping with big brother totally unaware of what he is doing... I laughed outloud! Not sure if this is going to post... something shut off...hmmm

Mad Queen said...

Not sure if the last comment posted, but I loved the photo of Tate sleeping on the computer chair... so funny! Cute family photo at Brody's class performance... the photobucket stuff is not working, so couldn't see that. LOL at Brody with a nose picking problem... but come on, you really need to show that photo... the cute one of him with his school choir is just not as funny...ha! Good times.

Today we went to an aquarium and I thought of you from our Ohio zoo trip... miss you lady!

love you too.

PS can't wait to see the David Cook stuff... I am SOOOOO curious about that! Way to go scouting that one out. And we totally need to talk Amer Idol tickets.. I will call you.

Ben said...

Okay so I was going to go on about your boys and how cute they are but now I cannot think of anything besides ... YOU MET DAVID COOK?!? WHAT THE?? I love the man!!

Into the Wood's said...

Sweet Brody it cracks me up how he seemingly gets so caught up in everything that's going on during his performance that he forgets to perform--

And Tate-- well...just edible...Those zonked pictures are so precious-- Thanks for the update!

Love you!