Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Count your many blessings"

We were so happy to have Dad and Ann Marie join us during the week of Thanksgiving. For being here only a few days we sure crammed a lot of fun in. Eating at Jack Stack, Baking, going to the park , on a walk, more baking.... Jogging, movie watching, going to the Plaza, (no not when David Cook was there). Shopping, Foos, Union Station, train rides, eating, playing and eating some more.

For the actual Thanksgiving Day we had a casual celebration. To take a break from cooking we went over to the park. It was fun for us all to play, not just the boys. Then I took them on the trail to see why I love it there so much. Even with the bare trees it still was beautiful & peaceful. Anne Marie and I ditched the boys to go for a little run before we stuffed our faces.



We cooked the traditional meal and were all very grateful that the deep fried turkey didn't catch on fire! Our friends Ken & Kristi Lord came to enjoy with us. Their two oldest girls were visiting family in Utah, so they just brought Garren & Jackson who are buddies of our boys. After dinner we played wii and watched Speed Racer... (wonder who picked that?) It was a very fun, very relaxing day. Dad and Annie even had the dishes done before I even came down from putting the boys to bed.
They were so helpful around the house, almost too helpful. It makes me wonder how I ever kept up with out them...... Oh yeah- I don't! Although we never did go see twilight with them, Greg is so bummed, we enjoyed their company and hope they come to see us again soon.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Thanks for the entry and pics! We had a great time and lots of fun as well. Oh, did I forget to mention the food? It was all fab Love ya!