Monday, June 25, 2007

Super Spider- Man

I've been a little nervous about having two little ones at the pool this year. I didn't really know how I was going to do it. That's why I kept having friends over to play at our house. But on Friday I couldn't hide any longer. There had to be a first and this was going to be it. We went to a friends pool and yes,my fear was realized. Not two minutes after we arrived Tate tripped in the baby pool and couldn't get up.(This all happened really fast and obviously he is okay, or I wouldn't be able to talk about it).I saw it all happening like slow motion. I still had all my clothes and shoes on and I just dove right in with my two other friends and I was able to lift him up out of danger. I've got a pretty nasty scrape to prove it. I share this story not to make light of the event, but to help you learn from my mistake. I was right there, getting Brody's life vest on and I didn't think Tate could fall. It was like a big bath tub, but I underestimated the danger, but luckily he was totally fine, scared but fine. I couldn't leave his side the rest of the day. I had brought a float toy that he wouldn't even ride in, so I didn't have a vest for him yet,but we are getting one before we go to the pool again . Next time I am putting their vests on before we get to the pool and I really think they both will be wearing life vests and floaties till they are 10!.



On a happier note, Brody just loved the pool! He really wanted to go into the big pool,but after what had happened I was way too scared. He splashed and played with his friends in the baby pool. We call him Super Spider-man because of his vest and floaties. For the last 5 mins I did take both boys into the big pool. Brody was scared, but tried to be brave. He'd let go of me for a second and then grab me again. He did start to like it, but I didn't want to stay in their too long. That night when Greg got home we all went to the pool together. Tate had on a life vest and was just fine with us holding him. Brody was still unsure at first, but then became a little fish. By the end of the night he was jumping of the side to us and floating around just laughing and kicking. It was really fun, I think we'll go again tonight.

2 comments:

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Melissa I know how easily that can happen. Twice I have had to pull kids out because they went under, it's a scary thing but I'm glad he's ok. I guess that just means he has NO fear of water so he'll probably learn to swim fast.

Cichelli said...

What a scary thing! I'm glad that he (and YOU!) is okay!