Here is our Labor Day in a nutshell: We started celebrating Sunday night by making a fort in the family room. Brody has really been wanting to do a sleep-over with us, so since Daddy didn't have work the next day we gave it a try.... It lasted till 10:30. Brody was being good, but he still wasn't asleep yet. I think he was too excited or something. He'd just lay there with his eyes open and then shut them super tight when I'd say go to bed. I am a stickler about sleep, because I need it too, so we moved back to our own beds. Brody was a pretty good sport about it.
In the morning Greg got the boys into the bike trailer and headed to the park. I ran and met them there and then they followed me on the trail, and then back home. ( I've got to start uping my milage if I really want to do this half marathon next month... I'm getting scared!) It was fun to have them there with me, total motivation to keep going.
Later we met up with some friends, The Anderson's & Hobbs to have a picnic and play at the park. They both have boys the same ages as Tate & Brody, so it's always fun when we get together to play. The Dad's and big boys played bocce ball while us Mama's chased the babies.Tate's favorite was sliding down the slides all by himself. He'd say, " Eahy, Eet, Ooh"! (ready , set, go!) And push off with a huge smile on his face.
Kiersten Hobbs & Whitney Anderson Two of my best friends here in Kansas!
Brody loved playing in the sandbox. There are tons of tractors & bulldozers in it for everyone to play with, He was in heaven.
Greg & Adam Anderson playing with Brody & Trey(They wouldn't pose for me. Greg thinks I'm cheesy because I ALWAYS take pictures.)
It was a very low-key day, but always a treat to have extra time together.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Labor Day
Posted by Melissa at September 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














11 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! Wish ours was exciting but we just tried to stay out of the heat.
So fun! Holidays are always like an extra special weekend. Chores are done and you just get extra time with hubby/dad. I love it.
Missy, hey its Buffy. I finally created a blog, its not as cute as yours but its something. Your family is so cute and the boys are getting so big! I cant wait to see you guys! Love you, Buffy
Looks like you had a great Labor Day. That's so fun that you are good friends with kiersten, it's so funny to see pictures of her because she looks the EXACT same but it has been at least 7 years since I have seen her.
Hi Missy!
Just found your blog! It was so fun to see you and your cute boys last month! Kurt and I do have a blog but I need to be better at keeping up on it. its kurtandcarli.blogspot.com. Anyway, glad I can see how you are doing at least on the internet!! Love ya!
Hey I totally remember you. How the heck are you? Wow, you are quite the go getter. Your kids are so cute. How far apart are they?I Think the last time i saw you was at a random ysa party down here.Oh and the good ol days at dallas roberts . Don't ya miss it. Just kidding. Well I am so excited to hear from you. Keep in touch.
Sounds like you had a blast. I'm glad you're having so much fun. I miss my sister missy!! Next time you're in Utah visiting your mom or other family, let me know! Love ya girl!!
I am glad you had so much fun. 3 day weekends are the best. I still think it's crazy that you and Kiersten ended up in the same place. It's cool you guys are such good friends.
Missy!
Hey, this whole blog thing is so fun! It makes it so easy to keep in touch and stay updated on everyone! Your family is adorable. So, I was cracking up when I read your post about our song, "cause we're cousins, livin it together"!! The words are so true:) Well, I will check here often. Love and miss ya, Alyssa
Don't EVER feel cheesy for taking pictures, someday people will thank you and be asking for copies.
That's a soapbox of mine... I get annoyed when people get annoyed with ME and my camera ;) Snap away!
You guys are such a cute family! Good luck training for your marathon! I am so impressed by you, but that is nothing new!
Post a Comment