Don't worry- It's not blood!
Tonight as I drove in the Garage I was greeted by Brody & Greg- Welcoming me home from the grocery store. Greg had been building a speaker box for the car stereo he got for his Birthday and I guess Brody was helping him. As sweet as it was I couldn't help but notice someone was missing. "Where's Tate?" I asked. "Oh, He's in there running around somewhere." Greg replied. See Greg still thinks he can do projects and keep the boys busy at the same time. HA!I walked in the kitchen to catch Tate RED HANDED! He had climbed up a chair to get the Strawberry milk mix, spilled it everywhere and proceeded to eat it off the floor! I guess I hadn't put it far enough back on the counter, this will teach me to not put things away. As if this wasn't bad enough as I went to grab my camera to capture this moment forever, Brody decided Tate had a great idea and is now joining him in scooping the sugar off the floor! GROSS!!! Maybe I should have cleaned it up first, but I was laughing so hard I just had to take a picture.
I am starting to wonder if I feed Tate enough. This is the second time this week he has gotten into the pantry to help himself and spilling all over. Maybe that's it- He just wants to do it himself, but here he is earlier in the week eating cereal- again off the floor!
He knows he's guilty
In Greg's defense he has been Mr. Project lately. I mentioned in the last post that he was tearing out and building new stairs to our basement. Here are the during & after pictures. I am still amazed at how well and fast he did them. It only took him a day & a half, and most of that was trips back to the store! Look out Ty Pennington, you've got some competition!He's way cuter than Ty
Brody testing out the new stairs.
The old ones didn't have the extended bottom two steps, there was just a big drop off on that side. It was smart thinking to make them longer and he even re-used some of the old wood, great job!
Oh and I colored my hair this weekend too. It can be dangerous to have all this hair color at my disposal!
I know this during shot is just beautiful. We always see the glamourous (thanks Fergie for teaching me how to spell it) after pictures, but never the scary process that leads to the after shot. I did this friday morning and as I cleaned during the processing time, my boys didn't know what to think. Tate just stared at me with a half smile trying to figure out what Mommy was doing. Brody was especially funny because after I washed it all out he kept asking me what happened to my eye brows. I told him I still had them- see. He said, "No, your new eye brows where did they go?"
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Got Milk?
Posted by Melissa at December 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














16 comments:
That is so funny about Tate! I love those pics...such boys! Isn't it funny when the younger one starts initiating the mischief? I'm still in the habit of getting after Kaleb only to find it was really Evan who did something! Oh, and I thought it was nice you put the blame on yourself for not pushing the milk mix back far enough when you weren't even the one home to be watching after him that really could've prevented it! Such a good little wife!
Holy cow! What the cutest blog and family picture ever!!! Where did that come from?? I need to do something with my template,please help!Can I take your family picture too?? Because its such a hassel to do it again.I did the whole early shopping thing too it was fun!! Glad you ended up having a great turkey day without your loved ones.
I can understand why you'd be upset with Tate, but you didn't have to punch him in the nose.
Don't you just love when kids dump food all over the floor. You got some cute pictures. Hey Greg did a great job on those stairs. Way To GO!
Your family pic on top is to die for. Seriously, wow!
And don't worry, Ty is in the independent stage too. Everything is "my do it! my do it!" and I'm constantly cleaning up messes. I keep telling myself that he has to learn, but it would be so much easier (and cleaner!) if he'd let me do it.
Your hair, as always, is awesome.
My goodness - this post left me cringing at the sight of "blood" (that's what it looks like!), happy for you guys that Greg got the stairs done, laughing like crazy when I read about what your kids were asking you as you were coloring your hair and eyebrows, and finally, thinking how much I like that color on you!
That was a hilarious post!! Thanks for posting it...and btw, I LOVE YOUR NEW COLOR!! You look BEAUTIFUL!
Oh...I think I have a Tate in the making....Landon is going to be just that naughty, I know it. He does look stinking cute though with that little guilty smug!
You look GREAT with (do you consider that red?) that hair!
BOYS!! This is what I have to look forward to. I can't wait! I am glad you got a picture of it it's so funny. Also I like the new hair color it's really pretty.
Aren't boys and their little messy adventures so fun? Love the stairs - great job Greg, I'm impressed! Love the hair, especially that mid-process picture! How do you get your boys hair to stay in your family picture? Cute style. Do you have to have a special kind of gel? I just buy the cheapy stuff from Walmart.
I love your new hair color! It makes me want to go dark! And that is too funny about Tate!!! He and Owen are so much a like!
Girl, you are throwing all of the blogging rules out of the window! What are you doing posting several blogs into one? Are you a yellow? I think so. You make me laugh. I love the GOT MILK... it rocks. Glenn and I both agree Tate is the most darling kid in the entire world... seriously, he beats all kids everywhere, including our own... is that wrong? Well, at least he is related to us. In fact, years ago I had a dream about a little boy that was mine and he looked exactly like Tate. Maybe he was supposed to come to me?? Ha ha. I love your family.
Oh and for a girl that was way too scary in the process, your sure are GORGEOUS in the end results! Wow you look amazing. I love the color (you are so talented at that). I love the style and I think your hair is just thicker than mine... mine just does not look so "Riggs" thick! I am glad Shailey got that Riggs hair!
LOVE YOU
Hi, I am just checking to see what my new profile picture turns out like... I am nuts.
I don't know if I can have a boy, what would I do? I guess they keep you on your toes. I LOVE your new hair color, it looks awesome on you!
Wow I love your color! It looks awsome!
Post a Comment